Haulin Dirt

Saturday 26 May 2012

First School Assessment

I had my first ever parent-teacher’s meeting last 18 May 2012. I was scheduled in the 12:10 slot to meet Hendrik’s form teacher, Mrs Sabrina Lim and Hendrik’s Chinese teacher, Mdm Ong or Wang Lao Shi as Hendrik calls her. Joseph was supposed to tag along with me, but was caught up in a training.

I had a lovely chat with Mrs Lim as well as Mdm Ong. I don’t need to write in details what we had discussed, but suffice it to say that I was happy stepping out of the school’s gate after hearing Hendrik’s 1st semester assessment.

The following are snapshots from Hendrik’s folder (which I hope Sunbeam Kindergarten wouldn’t mind). I am just a proud Mommy, you know…  =)

"Hendrik is a pleasant and shy boy. He loves to read and enjoys listening to stories."

" Hendrik has shown improvement in his work and he takes pride in it. He has also learnt to be sociable and can now relate better with his peers and teachers."

"Hendrik responds to rhythm and sings spontaneously. He enjoys painting / craftwork, and is able to use simple tools and materials to construct."

"Hendrik has a desire to learn. He enjoys doing actions while reciting rhymes. He loves to write."

Now, isn't this a good reason to be happy? Indeed!

~~~ end ~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment